Trading gas on EEX – your advantages
- Cleared location and time spreads
- 24/7 trading on all natural gas spot markets, except CZ VTP, CZ VTP/TTF, CZ VTP/NCG, CZ VTP/GPL, CZ VTP/CEGH VTP and PVB
- Standardized trading and settlement processes on all products
- Cross-margining benefits for all our natural gas markets from the our common clearing house, European Commodity Clearing (ECC)
- One rulebook for the full EEX offer
- One single admission process to join all EEX products
- Improved time-to-market for new products and services
Clearing and settlement
Clearing and settlement of all transactions are provided by European Commodity Clearing (ECC), Europe’s leading energy clearing house. Clearing via ECC facilitates cross-margining of positions across all gas hubs. The cross-margining functionality is also available across all commodities, such as power, emissions, etc. In order to benefit from ECC Clearing, members are required to sign an agreement with an approved Clearing Member.
NEW: EGSI Futures
The European Energy Exchange (EEX) will expand its product range on the Derivatives Market with new Financial Gas Futures as of 28th June 2021. These new contracts will be listed on the Dutch (TTF), Austrian (CEGH) and German (NCG and THE as of October 2021) market areas and cash-settled against the European Gas Spot Index (EGSI), the most robust and transparent pricing reference in the European gas market.
Click here to learn more.
The EEX Gas Spot market segment offers spot contracts on CEGH VTP, ETF, GASPOOL, NBP, NCG, PEG, PVB, TTF, ZEE and ZTP hubs. Additionally, locational spot contracts developed in coordination with major European Transmission Operators (TSOs) and Market Area Managers to assist with physical balancing are also available. Currently we offer such products for GASPOOL, NCG, TTF and PEG.
The EEX Gas Futures market segment offers futures contracts on CEGH CZ VTP, CEGH VTP, ETF, GASPOOL, NBP, NCG, PEG, PSV, PVB, TTF, ZEE and ZTP hubs, as well as geographical and time spreads products.
The EEX Gas Options market segment offers options contracts on the TTF hub, specifically for monthly instruments.
Since May 2019, EEX also offers JKM® LNG Futures settled against the S&P Platts JKM® assessment, today’s most reliable price estimation for the Asian region.
Tradable maturities are described in EEX Market Notices, downloadable in our download section.
EEX publishes the following spot price references on a daily basis:
- EGSI (Daily Price: European Gas Spot Index) on all hubs; DRP (Daily Reference Price) on TTF, NCG and GASPOOL; DAP (Daily Average Price) on PEG
- End-of-Day Spot (EOD) Settlement Price on TTF, NCG, GASPOOL, PEG, ETF, CEGH VTP and CZ VTP
The following futures price references are published by EEX:
- Settlement Price
- EEX Gas Futures Monthly Index
- EGIX (European Gas Index)
Cooperation with CEGH
The Central European Gas Hub (CEGH), located in Vienna, Austria, is the leading hub for trading gas between East and West. Providing an excellent position for growth in the Central Eastern European (CEE) region. Via a common joint venture, CEGH (49%) and EEX (51%) offer trading in the CEE region via the EEX platform.
EEX Group and BREXIT
The markets of the European Union and the U.K. are strongly interwoven, and Brexit has thus a potential impact on the markets on both sides of the Channel. As member of EEX Group, we are committed to supporting our members in their efforts regarding this topic. As Brexit is relevant for all types of energy exchanges, there is a group-wide approach to tackle this topic. You can find all relevant information here: https://www.eex-group.com/eexg/services/brexit